Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Current Craftiness......

Within this past week the craft bug bit me and I can't seem to have enough projects to do! So far this week I learned how to use my sewing machine, made pillows, painted the guest room furniture, made a very www.pinterest.com esq frame with a S in the middle of it, recovered a lamp, painted a table, and made a t-shirt blanket (well finished it anyway)....SHEW! Did I mention my grandparents are coming to my house this week?? OH yeah my grandparents -- who have never flown-- are coming to Arizona this week to visit me! My house looks like Michaels exploded all over the place and I'm having guests......what the heck was I thinking??

ALSO -- just as a warning to others --- I have used over 8 cans of spray paint and now I can not feel my right index finger....it is the most perplexing thing. It feels like its asleep (like when your foot falls asleep and its all tingly) I did find that this is common though through this website  -http://radial.wordpress.com/2007/08/04/spray-paint-numbness/ -- It is going to take roughly 3 months for my finger to wake up......WEIRD! ...... Between my finger being asleep, the hot glue gun burns, the needle pricks from stick pins and the blisters from everything else --- I'd say it is totally worth it! :) I'll add before and after pictures as soon as I can figure out how.....

3 comments:

  1. Awww, my gracious!!!! You rock!!!! I cannot wait to see the pictures, as I happen to love a bit of craftiness myself! And grandparents - do you mean the ones on our side of the family?!?! If so - AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! This made me laugh:) Here's hoping for a speedy recovery for that thumb of yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Caitlin -- IT is MOG and T are heading to AZ!!!! Not exactly sure what we are going to get into but I'm sure it will be an adventure. :) Thanks Ashley -- It is so weird to type......seriously sit on your hand for a few minutes to make it fall asleep then try to type...........out of control.

    ReplyDelete